2018 Program Objectives
In order to be eligible for a grant, Category 1 and 2 applications must meet at least one of the 2018 Grants Program objectives. Category 3 applications must meet at least three of the 2018 Grants Program objectives.
The 2018 Grants Program objectives are to:
- Provide opportunities for older people to participate in community life
- Assist older people to be healthy and active as they age
- Provide older people with cultural, creative, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Support older people to plan for retiring, housing choices and getting around
- Recognise and encourage the contributions of older people in the community.
The 2018 NSW Seniors Festival theme will focus on Inclusive Communities.
NSW Seniors Festival grant-funded events and activities should be inclusive of and accessible to the diversity of older people including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex (LGBTI) people
- People who are immobile, frail or with a disability
- People with dementia or chronic disease
- Friends and family of older people